9.09.2010

San Francisco - Day #4

We woke up and hit the pavement together. It's always great to run in a new place with new things to see to break up the monotony that is there at times. We ended up going three miles or so and were starving by the time we were done! We grabbed some grub at Subway just outside our hotel and then went and got ready for more sightseeing.


First on the agenda today was China Town! When we were heading other places at night, it was such a pretty sight to look down to this street and see it all lit up and the lanterns going back and forth over the street. It doesn't look quite the same in the day but I would rather shoot myself in the foot than take my chances on that street at night. Anway, there was so much to see in those shops. I wanted to buy several things but I also didn't want to go broke so I controlled myself. I stopped inside this Eastern Bakery and it literally took my ten minutes to decide what I wanted because I wanted to try everything!! It all looked so interesting! I settled on a Chinese doughnut, which is a doughy ball and has a black and red bean filling, and Tapioca Bubble Tea, which is just a flavored drink that has big tapioca 'bubbles' in it that you suck up through a big straw. They both probably sound super weird but I loved them. I wanted a couple more doughnuts!


And we finally found some hoodies that we actually liked enough to buy so we bought those so we wouldn't freeze our butts off for one more night!! We left China Town, and really we could have stayed there so much longer cuz there is tonz to see...but how many China stores do you really need to see??, and we headed toward Lombard Street. Paul was really excited to see this street. He had heard it was pretty cool and I, of course, tagged along for the ride. The walk turned into a hike, as this street literally goes nearly straight up and down. And when we got to the wacky street, I couldn't believe how many people stand around and camp out to take pictures. I mean, hellooooo, people live here!! How weird would it be to walk out of your house and have tourists crawling all over like you were some sort of celebrity?? I would go nuts!
We snapped our pictures and moved along so we could get back to our hotel and get ready for......
The San Francisco 49ers Game!!!!!!!
We were pretty annoyed because we missed nearly the entire first quarter. Not our fault though. They have buses that line up to take people to the game. It just so happens that one we got on had a driver who didn't even know how to get to Candlestick Park!!! Arggh!! Are you freaking kidding me??? Are you really? How does this happen?? Thankfully there were several locals and one guy went up and helped him find his way, which involved tiny streets and almost taking out a small car. Nice. Goosfraba.
Finally we were at Paul's most anticipated event :) And mine too! Paul loves loves loves the 49ers and I was a big time fan back in High School but not so much anymore. It was fun to be at our first NFL game! They played the Minnesota Vikings, in which Brett Favre made one play - 1 - at the very beginning. And thanks to our clueless driver we missed it. It would have been cool to see but seriously, Brett Favre needs to go away. He should have stayed retired oh I dunno...the fiftieth time that he did it??

Moving on - there was this one dude that was so. freaking. plastered!!! He ended up puking all over the place and then passed out drooling all over himself with his grocery bag full of puke leaking all over the place. Everyone one around him had a really good time giving him crap - and several us took video and pics to post on YouTube :) That's what you get for being a douchebag.
While the game itself was fun, let me tell you eight things that I did not appreciate:
1. Dumb bus driver
2. Being late to a game you pay good money for.
3. The guy that stole someone elses seat in front of us...and then when the rightful owner of that seat showed up, he didn't even have the 'courtesy' to move his ars.
4. The very loud guy sitting behind us who's favorite word starts with an F and rhymes with duck. He was also incredibly sweet to his wife...if sweet means talking down to her and yelling at her. Fun times.
5. Said wife dropping her coke on the ground and having said coke splash all over the back of my brand new WHITE hoodie. They left after that to find a better spot (what is with people?) and I wondered why they couldn't have left before she plastered me with coke.
6. Birds eye view of drunk guy's hot dog dinner all over the ground...in which people didn't pay attention to and walked right through it.
7. The fact that the ground was everyone's trash bin. I know that there is always a huge amount of garbage at things like this, but it realllllllly ticked me off that all these fatties eating peanuts didn't even bother to put the shells in a cup. We could have gone swimming in peanut shells.
8. The drunk guy leaving his freaking grocery bag of puke on the ground when he left the game!!!! It was enough to make me want to puke.
Goosfraba.
On a lighter note, here is our very own Alex Smith :)

And us again...cuz we're so cute!:


1 comment:

  1. Sorry about arriving late to the game. bummer. but still cool you got to go. Love Lombard Street! It's in sooo many great/slightly great movies.

    ReplyDelete