2.18.2010

V-Day

Paul and I don't do gifts for Valentines Day. Our birthdays are so close to it anyway and it doesn't matter to us. What does matter, however, is our tradition of the Melting Pot. Mmmmmmm. I want to go back right now. We usually wait to go after the Valentine holiday but this year we signed up for the Valentine's menu to experience some different flavors. So here we are heading out for some food and fun on Saturday the 13th:
(We can't teach this kind of cool - it just comes naturally.)
Awwww - aren't we cute with the heart and the hands??? I know, I know:
We started off with some super yummy White Grape Sparkling Juice:


and scarfed down (while savoring) our Pesto Walnut cheese fondue - yeah, it's as good as it sounds. And then the most awesome Caprese salads came out, followed by our entree. Your welcome for the picture of raw foods:
We had shrimp, scallions, lobster ravioli's, coconut curry chicken, pork and some beef covered in something I can't remember. Very very nummy.

Our witches brew, mwa ha ha:


We had a splendid time together. I love going out and being silly with him and just talking. It feels like forever since we've done that with him being so busy all the time. I miss it so I enjoyed it immensely.





We ate till we popped! And I like to pretend that I am pregnant and wig Paul out...but, he's growing immune to it. I, however, like to make fun of all the pregnant women who feel like they have to do this to their belly:
Drives me CRAZY - blaggghhh. Sorry if I offend anyone - but not really.


And, lastly, we enjoyed some Valentines Banana Foster, with white chocolate colored pink and a little caramel. Our waitress learned about our reason for celebrating and brought out two candles for us to make birthday wishes. So cute:



We like to go over to the Gateway and spend some time walking around and window shopping, but it decided to be freezing cold and ruin our fun so we went home and later went to see Wolf Man with Paul's little brother. Here's a hint: The movie blows. Just sayin'

8 comments:

  1. One thing that truly makes me happy is when I see those I care about - siblings, parents, friends - really, crazy in love. I totally mean this. I'm glad you two have something so special.
    As for the raw food - all I see is tasty potential, don't mind seeing it at all.
    The dessert looks HEAVENLY!! I've got to try it.
    {and P.S....we've got to get you a black bra...just saying... ;-) }

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW!!! I have GOT to remember that when I wear a thin black shirt and I plan on having my picture taken - grr! I hate wearing black over our cute undies though. It's just too weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! I agree on the bra thing too funny!!

    and I am glad you and Paul had a great time. Spencer and I need to go there. You would think that after listening to you rant and rave about it for years that we would have already. One day.

    ps. you just wait until you have a baby missy. When it is moving all around inside you and you fall in love with it, you can't help but rub your belly because that is the closest you can get to touching your little one. You will do it and you won't even realize you just watch and see!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no I won't!!!! I agree that I am sure I will touch my belly but I will NEVER do the one hand over, one hand under thing!!! I have already made the pact with myself! ha ha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to go to the Melting Pot, but just never have, don't know why. But now seeing your post makes it that much more appealing. Dave and I are supposed to go out to a nice place for dinner tonight, maybe we'll go there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Amanda. And if you don't do the two hand thing you're just going to do the one hand, or two but one will be on top and the other in the middle. Or the two with one on each side. Or four if you put Paul in the picture. Or three if one of you just feels like using one hand. I'm just sayin'.

    You really just need to have a baby because he/she will be so beautiful and I'm anxious to see just how beautiful. Please? Tell Paul they're so much fun! K?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the posts! We are lucky girls. Firstly, we had the bestest set of roomies ever! And I know from experience, it's not always like that. And we did all find really great hubbies! Secondly, I am going to read that book. K? If the library doesn't have it, you should let me borrow it. Thirdly, I love that you still have that Martinelli bottle! Makes me feel special. Fourthly, the melting pot looks amazing. I must go there. Fithly, was that REALLY sparkling grape juice? :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The one hand thing I have no problem with! ;)

    ReplyDelete