2.22.2010

M is for Magnific!!!!

I am super fantastic.
I recently decided that I was going to make myself a necklace-holder-device-thing. I have looked at buying one, but didn't want some hanging thing that stands on my dresser, didn't want to invest in a bigger jewelry box, didn't want to go and get some gay wooden peg rack and put it on my wall. So, after searching on the internet for some do-it-yourself ideas, and after finding them all very dumb, I set off to Roberts to try and figure something out with bits and pieces of ideas.
I was trying to find an empty frame of sorts, but instead ran across a wooden M. That would be so much more fab, dontcha think?? Me, too:
I was thinking I would just paint it, which probably would have been easier, but I kept thinking I would have to dress it up somehow - like with ribbons or something. But I am not a fan of too much blah-de-blah and thought about something my mom had made me for Christmas with Glossy Accents, and that thought turned into Modge Podge. Yeah...I can do that. (Although...thinking about it now, I really could have just painted it and been done with it. It's still not going up on a wall...outside of my closet, anyway.)
Okay, so I picked out paper that kicked A$$. Just look at it - it's fabulous!!!- and Modge Podged that sucker onto the M:

Then I 'patched' up exposed areas with matching kick a$$ zebra-paper and finished up the layers of the Modge:

Added some frame hangers on the back:

Used my mini handy-hammer to pound in some tiny nails I already had:
And wah-la!!! I haven't finished all the nails yet (I was trying to finish watching disc three of Private Practice so my attention span was needed elsewhere), but I will tonight and then it will get hung on the wall in the back of my closet for easy pickings!! I'm so proud of myself :) I feel a little dumb, however, cuz this would fit really well in a 9th-graders room...but whatever. It had to be more than just a wooden M. It had to be Magalicious!!!


Bazinga!!!

3 comments:

  1. Look at you, you crafty thing! I love the paper you picked! Don't you just love, love, love Modge Podge!! I have a J sitting around that I need to glam up - thanks for reminding me!! hee.hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was you, I would totally put this where everyone could see! It's delicious! I love the color and desigtn. Here's an idea to make it even more lah-de-dah...You should put a rhinestone on the end of every nail! Add some glitter to the glam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny, I just made a necklace holder too...but yours is WAY cuter. Mine was a quickie and it hangs on the inside of my closet door where no one can see it. :) But yours is definately displayable. :)

    ReplyDelete