2.15.2010

A Little Musing

I was just musing here at my desk as I read over my blog entry on my husband, thinking about Becky's blog entry about her husband, and also about my other college roommates who have equally awesome husbands who are honest, hard-working, grounded, good men that love their wives and kids. I was musing that we are pretty lucky girls to have all found such a rarity. And, I was musing that maybe it's not such a rarity - they may be harder to find, but probably not so rare as one of my [married and divorced twice, fall in love twice a day with all the wrong men] friends seem to think it is. But then again, maybe the five of us (well, six, but I really don't know the other one's husband well at all since she just married) somehow beat the system and found the rare ones. :)

4 comments:

  1. That is funny because as I read your blog and becky's I thought about how our husband's share a lot of the same qualities and how great they really are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm going to get all serious on you. I feel that if we women develop the admirable traits that we want in a guy first, and then go find the guy, we have a better chance of getting someone great. Great guys tend to be attracted to great gals. Because of agency, things can always change, but for the most part if two people try to be their best, even after they are married, you've got a winning combination. Throw in patience, forgiveness, sacrifice and lots of fun, and you've got heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already ate the Big Hunk.

    That is the only thing missing from the poster!

    Sorry! It was yummy and I suggest you buy one soon.

    also...are you and Paul doing a joint b-day party? We need to get paul a gift but I didn't know if you were going to combine for a party so I should get a combined gitf or if I should get you each one and no party. My suggestion = party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alan and I were actually just talking about how cool it is that our husbands like each other and that they're all cool enough to want to hang out when we are missing each other. It really is perfect! It makes getting together even more of something to look forward to. I definitely don't think any of it was by chance. It was meant to be!!

    ReplyDelete