11.21.2009

A Sure Way To Brighten Your Day.

Today I attended the baptism of a 36 year old man and his two sons. The youngest (11) is in Paul's primary class and scout group. Since he is in primary, I attended the baptism since baptisms are somewhat my responsibility in my church calling. Before I got put in my position, I probably hadn't attended a baptism in seven or eight years and it's actually a very happy experience for me to see young children baptized every month. They are all special, but today was pretty awesome. So many people showed up to lend support to this family and the three getting baptized. Two sets of missionaries who had taught them were there. And I have to admit that I teared up as I saw this man go in the water and get baptized and have two of his sons follow him right after. They were all smiles and 'radiance'. Without being too mushy or anything, I feel so humbled to witness things like that and see this simple yet important ordinance take place in someone's life and feel their 'light' -you can't not be affected by it. My testimony stengthens every time.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. It's easy to forget how special it is to be a member of Christ's church; but seeing someone else be baptized is a great reminder. Thanks for sharing.
    (by the way, love the new blog design!)

    ReplyDelete