12.29.2008

Christmas Eve - Part 1

Christmas Eve started out with work for the two of us...but work ended early for us and that was good! Paul and I started off our Christmas Eve celebrations with a good workout and then some house cleaning. I have to come home to a clean house...and Paul was a good sport about it :-).
Both of our families have pretty much the same traditions...so we split down the middle. First stop was my side.
Mostly we hang out in the kitchen where the food is:
We play with the chi'ren:
Then we all make our traditional bag lights (i love these):
Then comes the highly anticipated pinata!!
The honor of doing the pinata has been passed down from my Uncles and Dad to Morgan - my uncles/Dad were ruthless when we were younger...and Morgan has filled the position nicely. I have a really cool video of such evidence but it won't load, so whatever:
Dallin:
Aiden:
Bronsynn:
Now this little girl can really try your patience when she is up. Instead of going at it over and over like the boys, she will stand there...and stand there...and wait till she can hear it or feel it and then she will goof off because she thinks we are lying to her about where it is or that Morgan is purposely going to hit her with it (which all of the above has happened at least once before). She takes a while. Every year. No matter what we say. She takes a LONG while.
Grabbing the Loot:
And my favorite little boys in the whole wide world:
I love Christmas Eve. Ever since I was little it was looked forward to almost more than Christmas morning. Everything from the food that we make special for it or the games we play, the pinata, and the kids...it is my favorite. A lot of things have happened over the years and traditions had to be changed a little and we no longer see my mom's side of the family (with whom these traditions started with) but we have such a blast together and that's what I love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment