12.01.2008

Twilight the Movie...Blows Chunks Mostly

I had a little date with my husband and Becky and Judd Saturday evening. Now that most the Twilight tweenies are out of the way, we decided a matinee would be a good way to go and it was. We were able to avoid screaming, giggling (well there was some giggling - but no screaming!), applauding teeny boppers which Becky and I were thrilled about. But as for the movie itself...we were both pretty much in agreeance that it was as corny and gay as we expected it to be. It wasn't all horribly corny - I could stand to watch it again...but I personally have a hard time sitting through crappily delivered lines from crappy acting actors in a low budget film. Bluggh. The part that bugs me the most is that, if I were to have watched this movie without already reading the books and knowing what Bella and Edward were like and what was going on in their heads, I would have been completely lost with this movie and thought it was the dumbest thing ever because it just doesn't do a good job at 'capturing the magic.' (oy that was gay...sorry). I won't say more. You just have to see it - which I am sure we were the last ones in the world to do so.

1 comment:

  1. I am agreeing here! After I saw the movie I was thinking to myself, "if I had never read the book, I would have NO idea why Bella was even slightly drawn to Edward". My advice: take some acting classes before the next movie Robert.

    ReplyDelete