11.06.2010

7 Years Together

Mmmmmmmm. Isn't he a hottie?? We celebrated 7 amazing years on September 27th. Seven years since we started dating...not seven years of marriage - fyi.
We did our date a little later than September 27th because a little certain something that I ordered for him wasn't ready.
I wanted to take Paul to all the awesome stores that Teresa took me earlier in September on her birthday. So I packed my lunch bag with plates, knives, martini glasses, my nummy Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette and stowed it away in my car. After his football games were over, we headed downtown. Paul had no idea where I was taking him.
First we stopped by Tony Caputo's for some fresh mozzarella and goat cheese. I am putting this picture up because Paul kept getting the sun in his eyes for almost every picture and I think it's hilarious:
Then we stopped next door for some yummy baguette bread at Carlucci's:
My most favoritest place (Teresa I don't know whether to thank you or politely kill you), Gourmandise. I had Paul pick out the ones he wanted the very most and I did the same. I could literally go crazy in there...everything looks so amazing:
Next I took him to the Salt Lake Library. We went straight to the roof to enjoy our cheese and 'wine', bread and desserts.
Us at the top of the stairs. Another one of Paul's priceless faces:
The spot that I wanted was taken so we sat on the open patio part and partook of food and great views.
But, there was too much traffic where we were sitting and of course, we got some pretty weird looks, so as soon as the guy left my originally intended table we hussled over there to finish the rest of the date.
We had this delicious bread pudding:
Tiramisu:
Some chocolate concoction I can't remember:
And this super yummy rasbarry tart:

When Paul was looking in the opposite direction, I pulled out his present and put it on the table. He was confused of course because we haven't celebrated our original anniversary since we got married, but I was counting on that because I wanted it to be a surprise. I gave him a new tungsten wedding band - one of two he will eventually own :). His original wedding ring was tungsten with three cubic zirconias. The CZ's didn't last that well and so I wanted to give him something even better. I love his new ring and I think he does too ;)
And I love this picture - Paul is always talking business with someone it seems...so he put out a fire at work, looking sexy as hell.....
...while I snapped pictures of myself looking bored because I was bored.... ;)

At that's how I proposed to my husband. :)
Kidding.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! That raspberry tart is one of my favorites-total yum. (and I vote for the "thank you" rather than polite killing, thank you very much.) My Paul noticed that your Paul gave you his glasses, so it must be love. ;-) And your Paul always does that serious face when he's, well serious. cracks me up. One thing lacking...photo of the ring! Hello! Here's to many happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! i should have put one up. But guess what? Those stellar shades....they're MINE - and I let my dear husband borrow them after he kept getting his retinas burned ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun date! I want to do something like that with Dave now. I need Teresa to come visit Columbus again so we can find all the delicious shops around here. :)

    ReplyDelete