11.06.2010

Sleepover At My House

The weekend before Halloween, I was super stoked to have both of my nephews over for a sleepover! Yay!! It's not a frequent occurence with their parents being divorced and all. My sister was on a week long cruise, and we were able to 'let' the ex have the brilliant idea of having the boys stay at my house Friday night since it was my sister's weekend anyway.

I walked into my parents house on Tuesday for lunch and saw this:
They were so excited to come to my house that they had their pillows, sleeping bags, and packed bags lined up and waiting by the front door 4 days early. Cracks me up. They asked me everyday if I was there to pick them up yet. On Friday I was finally able to say yes :)
After loading them up in my car, we went to the Riverton Library. My nephews LOVE big books with sharks and dinosaurs or spiders and snakes...they love to look and learn about all sorts of creatures. So we loaded up on fun books and a couple kids DVD's.
Then we stopped by the grocery store for a few things but mainly because I was out of brussel sprouts. Aiden and Dallin LOVE LOVE these. Since they are with my mom everyday when I am there for lunch, they will ask me everyday if I brought brussel sprouts. I always have to make sure I have enough to share with the two of 'em.
Finally home, the boys had a blast running through my kitchen and trying to jump as far as they could off the high step and into the living room. We cleared out all the stuff in my storage closet under the stairs so they could play in their 'fort'. They loved all my Halloween decorations and said I had the 'coolest stuff ever'.
They were extremely happy when Paul finally came home from a late night at work. They kept asking: "When is Paul coming home??" I love that they love him :)
After dinner, we got our jackets on and took a drive to the "Halloween House." This is a house where the guy puts all of these HOMEMADE mechanical decorations on his roof and lights it up for everyone to see. You can read all about the interesting facts and FAQ on a sign that he puts up on his lawn. The kids got a kick out of it.


Paul and I took this video of it when we discovered it the week before. It is so creative. Even the little mouse at the bottom of the witches pot sticks his little red tongue out to catch some spilled brew!:
Paul played tackle with the kids and had them laughing and rolling on the floor:
All Aiden wanted to do was MarioKart nearly the entire time:
We made Halloween cupcakes for them to take home. Here they helped roll marshmellows in green sugar to make Frankenstein heads.:
I used chocolate frosting to put faces on them and we topped cupcakes with them:
Our favories were the eyeballs. They were so excited for the cupcakes to be cooked so they could decorate and then they were so excited to be done decorating so they could eat them!:
Aiden dug right into his as soon as I was done with the picture:
We also made some hairy spiders:
Then the boys made some cards for their mom to give with the cupcakes because they missed her so much and couldn't wait for her to get back.
We pulled out the Nerf guns and had an all out war:

And we watched Avatar and then grabbed some Arby's on the way home that night. I'm not gonna lie - it was an exhausting day and a half! Going from no kids to two wired kids is hard! There is so much energy in these kids I felt drained! But I do love that I was able to have them over and was sad to see them go (and a little happy that I could give them back to my mom ;) .

No comments:

Post a Comment