8.05.2010

Pioneer Weekend


I am very late in reporting...my bad.

Our pioneer weekend was very fun and very busy. Paul and I had Friday off so we spent the day hauling rock and mulch to the backyard. It was an exhausting day but it felt so good to be nearing the end of the yard remodel.

Later that night, we went to go see Eclipse. In keeping with tradition, Lou and I went and dragged our poor husbands along - ha ha!! Sucks for them! We decided to change things up a bit though and we went to the drive in. It was a trip back in time and super fun. We were naughty though and we jumped ship. Becky and Judd parked in Depiscable Me and Paul and I parked in Eclipse. You aren't supposed to switch theaters but we figured we would watch what we would want to watch...and we actually got caught!! Couldn't believe it but luckily, I can be an incredible liar when I want to be and I made up a fabulous fib and got us out of hot water :) We then enjoyed mushy smushy, corny, kissy, and somewhat decent film.

Saturday, more yard!! Booooo!! But after that, we were invited along with Lou and Judd and we went to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. It was great!! We sat outside, right under the misters, it was perfect weather and the food was awesome!! Then we battled the entire Salt Lake City population for parking spots at Liberty Park for some crap fireworks. At least we have a memory from it :)


Along came Sunday and Paul and I headed to my parents to celebrate the holiday as well as my dad's birthday. Xanni's birthday was the week before so we threw a couple extra candles on the ice cream for her as well. No cake for my dad - just the good stuff :)

Again, we're for hire if any one wants. I know you have never heard anythings so fantastic in your entire life!

2 comments:

  1. I have NEVER heard anything more fantastic in my life!!! Twas a fab weekend and I love all the funny memories from it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you got caught! Suckas. ;-) Are you sure you should still be in primary with all those impressionable youths? Sounds like a fun weekend, except now I'm ticked at you...yard work and I never got a call...you little....

    ReplyDelete