7.22.2010

And We Shower Her With Love...And Presents

Last Wednesday, we Madsen women threw a bridal shower for the newest person to be suckered into joining our family :)
My baby brother, Gaven, will be married next Thursday to this beautiful dame, Xanni (Alexandra):
(And, Yes, we made her wear her tiara and sash the whole time.)
We started off with the good ol' 'candy bar marriage advice' in which, my sister and I realized could turn quite dirty:
We enjoyed some sandwiches, salad, and peach cheesecake out on the patio:

Sam and Bronsynn looking mighty perty:
Xanni and I keeping it real:

Three generations: My Grandma, Mom and then Amanda (the oldest of us). I guess I could have popped Amanda's daughter in there to make it four.....:

My nephew, Aiden. He loves playing with his Bionicles...or is that one a Transformer?? Any geeks out there wanna help me out?:

Aiden's little brother, Dallin, approves of this marriage:

Amanda:

My bootiful cousin, Nicole (HA!!! What now, little giiirrl??):

And on to the presents. Xanni received some great things to start her out. We all went in on her super cute bedroom set, throw pillow and down pillows:
She also received quite a bit of laundry and cooking & baking necessities (come to find out this girl has no idea how to cook so it's a good thing some very smart people decided to throw in some easy bakin's):

It was a nice little party, perfectly executed by yours truly ;) ;) (kidding) and it was great to see our family come out in support of Gav's fiance. Thank you!!! We had a great time :)
After we had seen everyone off, my naughty sisters and I brought out a little somethin' somethin' for the wedding night hee hee hee. It served two purposes: to embarrass the virginity right out of her (while tastefully sparing the grandmothers and mothers) and give something to have fun with, of course. Mission accomplished...on one account...so far. See that look on her face?? Sheer humiliation. Fantastic!!!

She might be better at this than we thought!!:
He's not scared at all:

3 comments:

  1. I might be little. But I am definitely more of a woman than a girl. Love ya cuz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You throw a mean party girl! You should throw me a birthday party this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, but I don't believe you: that you suddenly "realized" the candy bar advice could turn dirty. Ah huh. Sure. Admit it, you knew it would all along and couldn't wait to read all the juicy tidbits. ;-)
    Looks like you had a funtastic time!

    ReplyDelete