7.09.2010

July 4th Celebration

On Sunday we gathered at my parents home for dinner. We ended up eating around the pit for some reason (I think all the chairs were already there and everyone was too lazy move them up to the north patio to sit at a table!) and so we just stayed there the majority of the night.
Since it was windy (and strangely not that warm), a fire was started up and we got to the S'more part a little early. We used JUMBO marshmallows and here is Aiden with his "humongous" smore:

Those are some BIG 'mallows!!:

We got a friendly game of football going and had lots of laughs and hurt feet! Morgan was unintentionally taking people out - he couldn't go anywhere without someone running into him and since he's a brick wall...guess who got knocked down? We had the kids take their turns playing Quarterback and they really got a kick out that so that was cool.
And of course, when the sun went down (or almost down...kids got really antsy) we broke out the fireworks. I missed most of them while I was planning a bridal shower with my sisters and soon-to-be sister-in-law:




Paul and I all snuggled up in a blanket watching the 'show':


Anyone who knows my dad knows that he doesn't pose for pictures. But if I am really persistent then I can usually get a good one. He likes to be as difficult as possible for as long as possible...just cuz he thinks he's funny. He did this:
and I have about ten more where those came from.


A rare picture of my dad really laughing:


And then this was the best that I could get from him - what a clown:

And lastly my sister and her boyfriend, Kevin:
Bacardi really wanted his picture taken.
Fun fun night!!!

1 comment:

  1. It does look like a fun, fun night. Tell your dad he looks younger when he's laughing in his photos and maybe he'll be more cooperative. ;-) Oh, and killer smores by the way.

    ReplyDelete