7.09.2010

Take A Hike...(Pretty Clever, Huh?)

Monday, after some much needed sleep (yet still not enough!) Paul and I headed up Big Cottonwood in the a.m. hours for a hike up Brighton Canyon. It wasn't the hike either of us really had in mind but it was nice to get out and all up in the nature.
We hiked up to the lake/reservoir thing and enjoyed the view:
Snow in July!!:
I knew once we discovered snow that I was going to be in trouble. Paul is throwing some snow at me and it didn't stop there:
Awwwww! This is how cute I look in the morning when I am battling the worst sinus infection ever, after battling the cold that came before....after battling the flu that came before that. It has not been my month...:
I snapped some pictures of said nature, however insiginificant they may be to you...I just loved these tiny yellow flowers that sprung up everywhere:

Paul is my 'Man from the Snowy River':

We hiked up to one of the ski lifts and Paul decided we were done after that because I couldn't stop passing out (not literally). We stopped for a snack:

And then slid back down the mountain as much as possible:

On the way up we spotted people stopping to take pictures of this (one kid was even on it holding it's antlers up like a kill) so I stopped to take one because my dad would get a kick out of it:


I arrived home to reluctantly rest up (I have a really hard time doing that for some reason) and Paul headed off to his family bbq without me :(

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you are very clever. And I'm so sorry you have been so sick. You gotta call on your friends...I make a great cup of canned soup. The photos are beautiful and I'm glad you had some time with your bbf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judson and I love hiking. Please call us next time you decide to take a hike :).

    ReplyDelete