7.09.2010

Banana Bread Yumminess.

I made some of them last night:
Yummy yummy banana bread.
I never make sweet things but I had some overripe bananas hanging around and I thought: "Why waste 'em?" Paul loves banana bread so I whipped me up a batch. Paul arrived home right as it was out of the oven so we each had a piece - ONE piece - and then we did our nightly routine, went back down to pop a movie in and grab one more piece of bread...and it was gone. Well, not all of it - just 96.4% of it.
The culprit?? Bacardi. Not the alchohol. We didn't get drunk and then forget we consumed an entire loaf of banana bread. Bacardi as in my dog.
Bacardi has NEVER eaten ANYTHING off of my counter before and I was completely shocked. Completely shocked and completely PISSED OFF! I just made sweet bread for the first time in years and all that and we only get ONE piece!!??? Oooooooooooooooh.
Needless to say I instilled the fear of God into that dog and I dare say he won't try that again. I guess I could thank him for preventing me from eating the entire thing...but that would be a litle counter-productive, dontcha think?

2 comments:

  1. "He won't try that again", oh, you funny, funny, naive girl! Dogs only remember the yumminess and that sometimes owners go all crazy and get after them out of the blue. Sophie has eaten entire cubes of butter off the counter when I've stepped away from cooking; fresh from McD's hamburgers still wrapped, as we set up the table outside, and she always gets a lickin', and then back she comes. I say more than anything, now that Bacardi has a taste for the good life, he'll be back for more. Let the fun begin! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made me lol :). That sucks about your banana bread, but I am feeling a little sorry for Bacardi. I can only imagine what he went through. haha. Also wondering, what's your "nightly routine" if it's upstairs. heehee

    ReplyDelete