8.08.2010

Aiden's Birthday!!

With all the hulabaloo surrounding the wedding, Aiden's birthday was celebrated early. We all got together on Friday July 30th and spent FOUR friggin' hours at Boondocks. There was spoolunking done :) We soaked each other on the motor boats, did tonz of go-carts, spent an hour or so at the batting cage, stopped for pizza and then did a round of mini-golf. My favorite was my making my niece freak out when I broke the rules and bumped her cart when ever we weren't being watched - ha ha ha - and when my dad got in the batting cage with both my nephews, held their oversized helmets out of their eyes and helped them bat the softballs. Hubband had my camera or else I would have pictures to document.

Sunday the 31st, we gathered for some cake and ice cream. Or rather it was supposed to be just ice cream and not a whole dinner schpeal...but...we all happened to arrive early and dinner wasn't done yet so we all ate anyway! Sloppy joes and Oreo Cake and Ice cream...yummm :)

It's hard to believe this kid is already six. Life seems to just flash forward sometimes. Totally unfair.

My dad and I also tuckered my dog out in efforts to teach Ruger how to swim. I have some funny videos of Ruger trying to get to Bacardi, but he's still too chicken to get out in the deep. In this one, Ruger doesn't realize how deep it was and he goes to pounce on Bacardi and goes straight under. My dad and I had a good laugh at how many times he did that:

And I think it's hilarious how Ruger gets smacked around all the time:

1 comment:

  1. Those dogs are too cute! Sophie should come and play some day. I have to say that watching Bacardi get out of the water and run on the dirt road just made me think of the fun muddy paws and paw prints you'd get to clean, while Bacardi kept trying to play and run around. That would be a fun video as well.

    ReplyDelete