8.24.2010

The Reception

I have to say that the nicest thing about this wedding was the fact that we didn't have to do anything!! It's a buttload of work to do your own weddings...it's downright exhausting! I was more tired after my sister's wedding last year than I was after my own! My parents married off three girls...at least once ;)...and their oldest son eloped. So it was quite a relief to not have to do anything for this wedding! Of course, we all arrived early to help before the pictures arrived, but it was so stress free - it was great!!! I hope I have more sons than daughters, ha ha! Either that or I hope we can hire a wedding planner!
Amanda and I:

Amber and I:

Aiden enjoying strawberries and whipped cream:
Me and Benny...who is like another brother...he calls my mom his mom and I'm his sister:

Cody and I, another friend of Gaven's close friends that we think of as family:

My mom and her mom:

Me and my super hot cousins on my dad's side...sorry about the grainy picture...my camera was being moody all night:

Nicole and I trying to get a line dance going to Shania Twain! We are awesome, I know:
They have a trampoline in which we all had fun jumping on. I was doing front flips, Xanni and Gav got on and the photographer got a sweet pic of three groomies flipping at the same time.
This is Aiden jumping around and while the d.j. had some music going before the reception started, I caught Aiden dancing to it. It made me laugh:

I didn't get my camera in time for the bouquet toss but a sweet girl named Kylie caught it. Gaven was getting ready to dig for the garter when the brides father came over to 'make sure' Gaven behaved himself! In the professional photo shots, while Gaven is getting the garter, Xanni's face is priceless! I love how embarassed she gets!

Gaven and all his friends before the toss. I think he is the first of all his friends to get married:

More dancing afterward:

Me and my hot sis:

Decorating the car was quite a story. I realized the night before at the wedding bbq that none of Gav's friends were going to decorate the car. After the temple, I forgot to go and get supplies. So after our family pictures were taken at the reception, Amanda, Bronsynn, Katie (Bronsynn's best friend), Paul and I hopped in my car and made a Wal-Mart run. We loaded up with streamers, balloons, confetti, window paint, oreos and a 12-pack of Mountain Dew (Gav's favorite) for the car. The Mountain Dew, of course, was to hang off the back of the car. But could we just dump out all the nasty tasting, unhealthy pop?? Noooooooooo. Bronsynn and Katie wouldn't hear of it. So a 12-pack gets downed by five people in five minutes. Katie took on almost four herself, Bronsynn did a few, Amanda and Paul did a couple. I couldn't even finish one. I don't drink pop. Just thinking about all that gives me the shudders! Someone made Katie laugh mid-slurp and she, being in the back seat in the middle, spit it all out...on me! I was driving so it went down my arm and all over my car! It was very hilarious though.
We got back to the reception and went to party for awhile. When it was time to decorate we went out front only to find that their car was gone. Like, no where to be found. It had been there before and now....poof!!...vanished. We looked everywhere. Morgan, Amber, and Amanda went to find answers. We knew Xanni's brother had something to do with it, but he wasn't talking. Neither was his wife. Neither was Xanni's dad. SO. RETARDED. We were all getting super pissed. After twenty minutes, some were saying it was no use. But I didn't just buy all that crap for nothing! Finally, blessedly, Xanni made her brother give up the location. In an attempt to save Xanni's brand new car from the awful things his own friends did to his car at his wedding, he had driven it several blocks away and parked it behind a church. He knew we went to go get decorations and they moved it and hid it from us. We were sooooo mad. Amanda was PISSED. Unfortunately, it caused a teeny weency bit of drama and discussion but was quickly put to rest.
Anyway, we got the car back and decorated it really cute and tasteful. We don't like to destroy the car when we decorate like they thought we were going to do.
We left them a few fun items in the car....chocolate syrup, whipped cream, tic tacs and some wisps. :) hee hee hee.

One of Gaven's groomsmen works at a place where they do vinyl and he had this made up for the back:

Super cute!!! After they got ready to leave we lined up and they walked under the bridge and were off! Thankfully, unlike the day before, the rain stayed away, the wind was minimal and it was just a great night for a wedding :)


If any family wants to view their wedding photos, which are very well done and gorgeous I might add, visit
Faces Photography, click on 'Proofing' and scroll down to the bottom to find the Gaven and Xanni Madsen Wedding. There are so many great photos from the whole day.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day! You look great as usual (my favorite shot is the one of you "skipping" across the grass).

    ReplyDelete