10.14.2009

My New Love Affair

I have been on the prowl for a purse to meet my growing list of demands. I am very picky about purses because I have had many. I would love not to carry around a purse. In fact, I haven't used one in six months and all I carried on me was my phone, keys and this tiny little thing for my i.d. and cards:

But purses are useful and I need them when I am working because I carry a lot more stuff with me - like my ipod, my notebook, my notary stamp, and usually the book I am currently reading.
With all the purses I have used, my demands are these:
cell phone pocket
several pockets with at least one zippered
pockets outside the purse
two compartments inside the purse
sturdy outside walls - none of those crappy purses that collapse in on itself when you are trying to rummage around.

It's extremely difficult to find all of that in a purse. I almost thought about becoming a purse maker myself so that I could take everything I find wrong with purses and build awesome ones and have my own business.
But then I found Kathy Van Zeeland (insert angelic chorus here).
Her purses are extremely hot and offer lots of places to hide stuff. And there are so many great choices that I had such a hard time choosing. I wanted the orange one because orange is freaking awesome, but it was too small. I wanted purple because purple is just plain hot, and there were so many of different sizes. And I really wanted this red one - because it's superbly fantastic and daring and it has attitude. Helllllooooooo - it belongs with me, right? And it has super soft leather. I could pet it all day.


But then I found this:

I was torn at first. The red one is just so awesome. But I went there determined to get a purple one. But the red one was just sooo awesome. But this one had zebra stripes.
Zebra emerged the winner because, well, I rock this purse. But it also has four compartments, two pockets on the outside, cell phone pocket, zippered middle compartment and zippered inside pocket, with two slotted pockets AND key chain. SOLD.

But I still might have to become the owner of my red beauty in the near future.

4 comments:

  1. I could actually hear the angelic chorus as I read this. These are really cool purses. I'll have to make sure Stephanie sees these. Totally her style. Me, well, I admire them, but I'm so functional when it comes to purses. I like quick and easy access to things and a place for everything. My Fossil is a bit boring, but perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to find an awesome purse that you like! That can be a hard thing to search for and find the one that you absolutely love, so way to go! (This is Karen by the way...definitely not Merrill)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't even get me started on purses. I'll just say, I'd like to design them so I could make the perfect purse (for me at least). :) Both of these are hot! When I find a couple I like, it's hard to finally choose one, so good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Karen - it was really interesting that Merrill was leaving me a comment about purses!! Glad to have that cleared up :)

    ReplyDelete