10.22.2009

Well...That Blows

Paul and I went on a little adventure last night. First, we trekked out to Lehi to make a purchase after Paul's football game. Since we had to drive separately to the game, he parked his truck in an abandoned parking lot right off of 90th and I-15 so we could just hop off and grab it on the way home and be back on the freeway in no time.

Following the wonderful directions we were given, we back-tracked and U-turned about fifty times - that's enough to put me in a really bad mood. I stayed in my happy place though and soon enough we were on our way back to pick up Paul's truck. We pull up...and like a really good magic trick, Paul's truck has disappeared. Wow. Can someone bring it back now?? That's not funny.

My first thought was that it was stolen. I was surprisingly calm but felt sick about it. I kept going through my head of things that Paul might have in his truck that were valuable and praying that it was jack squat. But then Paul looked up and saw that he parked in a towing zone. Phew!! That's a little better. How did he not see the sign?? Especially since he parked right in front of it?? To give him credit, I didn't notice it either. It's smaller than a bloody street sign. Strangely I wanted to laugh but I kept that in check because Paul obviously did not share my same feelings.

Paul was on the phone right away to figure out where it was taken and what to do. My giggles disappeared faster than the truck did when I learned that it would take $206 to get it out and would increase fifty dollars by the morning. MOTHER TRUCKER!!! Is Paul's truck even worth that much?? @$#%^&*&%$#@@#&!!!!!!

And off we went to get a money order and find the yard that held our truck prisoner making several more U-turns, in turn putting me in an even more foul mood. We came upon the yard, freed the truck and finally went home much later than we had hoped.

4 comments:

  1. That totally SUCKS!!! But aw, the memories....Reminds me of when I parked at a gas station to carpool with friends. Instead of using the HUGE field parking lot behind it, I parked at the side. Car was towed because I parked over all 4 gas access holes and the gas truck came a few minutes after I left! Brilliant. They make great stories though, later, much later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry - that totally sucks! So, thanks for commenting on my blog, which led me to your blog. I read a chunk of it today, cuz I was totally bored at work and I wanted to catch up on you.So, I totally and completely miss your guts!!!!! Really, if you could find it in your heart and your schedule I would love to get together. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry - that totally sucks! So, thanks for commenting on my blog, which led me to your blog. I read a chunk of it today, cuz I was totally bored at work and I wanted to catch up on you.So, I totally and completely miss your guts!!!!! Really, if you could find it in your heart and your schedule I would love to get together. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww man! That totally blows! $206 bucks are you even kidding me!! I think your comment about his truck being worth that is really funny!

    ReplyDelete