10.14.2009

A Little R&R

Our family celebrated Amber's birthday on the 27th of September, but her actual birthday is October 3rd.
Well, Amber's boyfriend had a business trip in D.C. that weekend and couldn't be there. So, being a very sneaky man, he arranged for me to take her to the Sanctuary Spa!! Bonus. And he paid for the both of us!! Double Bonus.
I made a date with Amber to meet at the mall at 12:30 to 'go shopping' and eat lunch. All was on schedule until 12:00 when Amber called me to tell me she was running late and could we move our 'shopping trip' back to 1:00?? Ummmmm noooooooo. I told her she had to hurry hurry hurry!! But she didn't see why it was such a big deal since we were only shopping. So by 12:45 I was freaking out and waiting for her to arrive. Once we met up, I started speed walking her to our destination and she asked "What are you in such a hurry to shop for?"
That's when I grabbed her arm and snapped a picture of us in front of the Spa (never mind me. I am fully aware that I look like a retard):
And then I turned her around and walked her into the spa. The whole time she was looking at me like I was a crazy person and couldn't figure out my strange behavior until I said "Happy Birthday!! This is from Kevin!" And the staff told her Happy Birthday and we were led back to the dressing room.
She was so surprised and completely baffled. She had never guessed that her boyfriend would arrange for something like this. It put a huge smile on her face!!
Sanctuary Spa at the South Towne Mall is FRIGGIN' AWESOME. It's the nicest spa either of us had ever been in. It would take me forever to go into detail about it but just take my word for it. First up was our massages. We had it done together, she had a Hot Rock Massage and I just had a Relaxation Massage (cuz they can't do two Hot Rocks in the same room, which was what Kevin arranged). The massages were awesome. And when your on your back, the ceiling is dark with hundreds of tiny lights to look like the night sky and it's so cool.
Afterwards we went in the steam room and sipped our ice water while we waited for our pedicurists. Our pedicures were totally freaking awesome and my feet were oh-so-happy!! We both did the same awesome color, which I have being shipped to me as we speak!
The I treated her to Paradise Bakery and we had super nummy food. It was really fun and, hello, who wouldn't love a free day at the Spa?? I am actually really glad to have spent the day with her since she didn't have anything going on that day. Good sisterly bonding time.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, man, I want a spa day. Does standing over boiling soup water count as a facial?

    ReplyDelete