3.02.2009

The Melting Pot Date

Paul and I have a tradition where every year in February we go to The Melting Pot to celebrate a few special occasions. It's one of our favorite traditions and it's our #1 most favorite place to eat. We love the atmosphere, the cozy booths, the laid back pace (it takes almost three hours) and of course, the food. We look forward to going and getting as stuffed as we can every time! We start off with our cheese fondue, then the California salads, then our main course (the Pacific Rim cooked Coq au Vin style) and lastly, chocolate!! Yeah!!


This stuff is seriously soooo good. It's worth every penny we spend!!
They have this cocktail sauce for your shrimp and a little bit is a big kick. So one thing Paul and I do every year is see how much we can load onto a shrimp and then video tape the reaction. This stuff will clear your sinuses, make your eyes water and threaten to make your brain pop out of it's skull. It's so fun. I have vids but it's so dark in the restaurant that you really can't see us very well. Which is too bad.


Yummy, yummy, yummy I got chocolate fondue in my tummy....

We pretty much get the same menu items every time but we always try a new chocolate. This year was white chocolate amaretto. So flippin' good!! I almost died from the pleasure in my mouth.

And when it's all done, this is what we feel like:
(I can stick my stomach out pretty dang far when I am full and I always tell Paul that I am pregnant and rub my belly like pregnant women always do in movies. Then Paul freaks out. I never get sick of it).

No comments:

Post a Comment