3.19.2009

Daily Rant #6

So my sister is getting married in July. It's going to be a really private small affair in my parents' backyard (that's two weddings in a row, there!) and my sister just wants it to have a really intimate feeling- which I love. She's already been married once and she doesn't feel the need to throw an extravagant wedding again and I agree. That's just retarded. But since Kenny hasn't been married before, and doesn't plan on marrying anyone else, he couldn't narrow down his groomsmen. So what was going to be a best man with a groomsman and a maid of honor with a bridesmaid turned into FIVE bridesmaids and groomsman. All is well though - Kenny can have whatever he wants. So that means that my sister and I are now bridesmaids. We have to find a short dress that is any shade of a softer yellow. Well yellow is supposed to be the color of the summer this year, especially in weddings. But can I find a short yellow bridesmaid dress that is not too casual and not too formal but most of all MODEST?? Of course, not. There is lots out there that is strapless, halter top, spaghetti straps, low cut, really really short and backless. But there is NOTHING with sleeves, nothing that is long enough and nothing that looks good modest!! It is SO frustrating!! Does everything have to be so sleezy? Grrrrr! It's really annoying. Now my mom and I were able to find a pattern and material that will be really great but that's just one more thing to do on top of everything else! She's already making the wedding gown, having to keep up her backyard, cater the food, still do a garden and help with all the other wedding stuff. Is it really too much to ask for designers to make something with sleeves that goes down to about your knees and is CUTE? Honestly.

4 comments:

  1. I will be on the look out for you!! If I see something Maghannish and yellow... I will give you a call!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the best seamstress, but I'd be willing to help, especially with 3 months to work on it...that's about the time I need to finish a project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a little lds store downtown that sells modest ones, but I don't know if they have the short ones. That is where I found mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I saw a cute yellow dress at Down East Basics in South Towne Mall, but I think it's a little too girly for you. You could check it out though, it was only $30 and it was knee length with sleeves. Again, I don't think it's totally your style, but I'll leave that up to you. :)

    ReplyDelete