11.05.2008

Gingko Bilablah

My parents have become little comedians in their old age and I find myself laughing really really hard at their little banter. Listening to them laugh and make jokes makes me happy. For example: Monday after work I stopped by my parents home to grab a few things and ended up chatting for awhile. I can't remember what we were talking about but my mom was having a hard time remembering something (jeez, where do i get that from?) and my dad looked at her and said "if you go and get Alzheimer's on me i'm putting you away" and the look on his face made me bust up. So then my mom says "well i guess you better go get me some Gingko Bilablah." and we all start laughing because that's not how you say it but she couldn't remember how to say it which makes the whole conversation that much funnier and we are just laughing and laughing. So my dad starts making fun of her and says "it sounds like your trying to talk Mexican: 'hey Diablo, ginko bilablo senor, por favor.' If it doesn't sound funny to you than I guess it was just one of those 'had to be there' moments. But it really was super funny. I said so.

1 comment: