11.06.2008

A Bed-Time Story.

My car was possessed by the devil in the middle of the night. We were dog-tired and out cold by 9:30 (Hallelujah!!). But a couple hours later my car alarm goes off and I jump out of my bed to hurry and look out the window to see if anyone's down in my driveway while Paul runs downstairs to get my keys. Well Paul is taking forever (sorry honey, but you were) and by the time he gets down there and is trying to open the door, the car alarm stops. So he comes back inside and we get back in bed but the second we hit the mattress, the car alarm goes off again. K, once freaks me out enough. It's been known to just go off for no reason that I could tell before but now I'm freakin' out a little on the inside because it was twice in a row and my imagination immediately imagines the worst - like, someone psycho genious is outside with his technology making my car alarm go off, screwing with us so that once we're outside he can kill us off or sneak inside or something. I blame CSI and Law & Order. I come down with Paul this time and wait by the door and I'm being all stealth and checking out the surroundings while Paul gets in my car and stops the alarm. He fiddles around in the car for forever and I'm getting really ornery. Finally he comes out but right as he reaches the front door, we heard my car spontaneously unlock itself. K what the fuh? Paul goes back to the car but it locks back up. He comes back, it unlocks again. Now I'm really sold on the psycho killer theory. But Paul is not - not that I told him my imaginings. So at midnight, my wonderful husband and I are in the garage, unhooking my battery so that my car will SHUT UP and the whole time he's doing this, my car will not stop locking and unlocking itself. So weird. I told Adam here at my work what happened and his theory is that my car is a Transformer and the only real question is whether it's an Autobot or a Decepticon. I like that take on it a lot better than mine.

1 comment:

  1. umm... YIKES! I am totally with you on the whole "blame CSI" thing becuase I would be freaking out as well. That is so strange that your car would do that. Hopefully you have an autobot and if it does turn out to be the case... I would pull the "piece of crap camero" move (we watched this movie on Sunday!!) and see if you can get your "dream" car... not that your cars not nice... but a free upgrade would be super nice... that's all I'm sayin...

    ps. So your blog makes me type in a word verification and the word it picked is "wories" kind of funny if you ask me!!

    ReplyDelete