5.10.2011

'Because I'm Going to be a Mommy'

I have the most amazing husband.

I've rarely seen him this past month, except on Sundays, because his work explodes during this time of year and the poor man is running on fumes. The past two weeks have been especially awful as he has had to work 16, 17, 20+ hours a day. Then he had to take a trip to Phoenix last weekend (more work), flew home on Monday, went straight to work, worked all day every day and ended on Friday afternoon after working nearly 45 hours straight.


I joked with him that he owed me a date - but I was also very serious since we needed some husband/wife time! So, Friday we went out to an early dinner and grubbed down at a pizza joint. Since it was so early, we were the only ones there! About half way through dinner, Paul grabbed his keys and said he'd be right back. He ran to his truck and back and when he sat down I asked him why he had to go to his truck. He said he forgot his wallet. I said "No you didn't". He told me, 'Yes, I did!' And I again I said, 'No, you didn't! He is so cute when he's been caught :) He pulled out a little wrapped box and put it on the table. I was so confused as to why he had gotten me a present. He surprises me randomly quite often so it's not NOT normal, but again I was confused and he told me: 'Because you're going to be a mommy.'


Okay.


I almost cried. In fact, they came..but I held it in! I did not lose it at a pizza factory! I love my man. Seriously.


As I opened it he explained that 'it' is meaningful and I can tell my own story with it.


It's a Trollbead bracelet. I had never heard of it before. You can pick your own beads and charms and so over the years, I can create my own bracelet for my most cherished memories. See? I told you this man is perfect!


Paul picked out this flower clasp to symbolize our marriage - the beginning of our family - because we went to Maui on our honeymoon:


And my first charm symbolizes our baby in the making - Asher - because of his name and because I am doing his room in dragons. This is the Lucky Dragon charm:


He told me all about it and how he'd come across it and later showed me the book with all the other beads and charms that I can add. I seriously love my bracelet. I can't help but smile every time I see it, which is all day, cuz I can't stop playing with it. I love how thoughtful and loving my husband is and I just love love love my life with him!

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous!! I predict this will be one of your most precious possessions...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. My son logged me out. That last comment was mine...those dang kids....I mean, sons are wonderful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww how cute!! He's a pretty good guy I guess :)

    ReplyDelete