8.14.2012

1st Birthday Celebration!

Posting a buttload about my kid today, but can you blame me?  Not only is he super cute, he just turned 1!

My party throwing mode went into effect a few weeks ago and I had been spending my time plotting!  I had to hold myself back quite a bit!  Originally I had planned on doing a bunch of summer fun healthy treats, like this one:
all fruit Popsicle made with peaches, strawberries, kiwi, blueberries and watermelon puree 
 ...and a few salads and stuff.  But I asked Paul his opinion and that's probably where I went wrong. ha ha.  Only kidding.  He really wanted to grill and so I just made my popsicles and water and Asher's smash cake. Go me!!


Asher was seriously spoiled.  I wasn't expecting so many presents - it threw me for a loop!  He's just so loved and we appreciate all who came and contributed to my now cramped-for-space living room ;) 

I think we can all agree that my little guy is extremely handsome and cool in his fedora :) 


We opened the mountain of presents, and of course, he didn't really understand what was going on but there were a few things that caught his eye :) 

He had so much help opening presents which I actually thought was great :)  My nephews Aiden and Dallin, along with Quinn and Jensen helped Asher figure out what to do! 

My mom was on a search high and low for a Red Flyer wagon because we had one as little kids and kids super love wagons.  We ended up only being able to find either huge, plastic monsters of wagons or a cute little teeny plastic red wagon.  But!  she found the old school wagon she wanted only it was a John Deere which I happen to love even more.  And even better, Asher loves it.  He immediately tried climbing up in it and his Uncle Gav took him for a ride.  Two days later he still climbs up in it and waits for me to take him 'round and 'round.   

After presents we stripped him down and I grabbed his other smash cake, this one another vegan carrot cake, but slightly different AND covered in raw chocolate icing - yes really did taste yummy! :)   

He liked licking the spatula when I was making it but decided he wasn't digging it once he had free access to it.  His cousins and I helped him get a little dirtier for camera's sake :) 


And then I fed everyone the super sugary delicious not-healthy cake - ha ha ha ha suckers!!!  I lucked out and found this How To Train Your Dragon cake at Macys - how perfect my little guy??  My mom cut up the cake while I hosed Ash Man down and we had homemade strawberry  and cookies n' cream ice cream :) 

Lots of relaxation and mingling, good food, and crazy fun - at least it was for me :)   Thanks to everyone for coming and celebrating with us - we are so lucky and blessed! 

I couldn't resist.  I had to slip this one in.   

2 comments:

  1. Oh my fun party! I wish I could've been there! Those popsicles look yummy! And that last pic is so awesome. He's such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash! They are nummy - ill save one for you ;)

      Delete