12.10.2009

Thanksgiving Festivities

Alright - here is my Thanksgiving post - in the middle of December. Thanksgiving Day, while Paul was out playing Turkey Ball, I got my workout in and cleaned up the house, made a buttload of mashed potatoes and then Paul and I headed over to his Grandma Budd's at noon. This year was significantly better than the others because the dinners were spaced far enough apart that we were able to eat, sit around and relax, spend time with family at both places without having to rush off anywhere.


Paul and I goofed off a lot - but Paul is by far the biggest goof ball:

This is B.J. and Hilary's wiener dog, Steve. He will sit like that for ages if he thinks you have something to feed him. He basically sat like this through all of dinner except to change places at the table:


I laughed so hard when B.J. went to go outside and the doorknob came off in his hand:

And, of course, you can't have Thanksgiving without vegging out and watching Football!:


We went to my parents house around 4:30. After dinner, someone had put on Willow and the whole family ended up sprawled over couches, bean bags and blankets to watch it.

When it came time for pie, my cute little nephews in matching BYU jerseys (go Cougars!!) wanted Whipped Topping sprayed in their mouths.
We got out the papers to figure out if there was anything worth buying on Black Friday and me and my sisters ended up wrestling in the newspaper and shoving papers down each others shirts and pants - don't ask...I don't even know how it started. I just know it was super fun.
That was the end of Thanksgiving on Thursday. Thanksgiving continued for us on Sunday with my dad's whole family. It's a really big family and we meet at my parents house and the games always end up coming out and the place gets LOUD. Like, really LOUD.
Some of us got out the cards and utensils to play Spoons. Zanie and Sam had never played and they had a blast. We played several rounds. Behind us at the dinner table, they had about 18 people playing Blurt. I love it - it's all so much fun.

While playing spoons, I snapped this picture of my dad eating his greens...right out of the serving bowl. He does that. Everyone is done eating so my dad just grabs the bowl and goes to town with what's left!

No comments:

Post a Comment