11.16.2012

Mischief Maker

Last week I thought I was just incredibly lucky that my kid was taking a 3 hour nap.

Turns out he just found a way to entertain himself quietly for a substantial period of time.


What is the shiny goop on his head you ask?  That WAS a nearly full tub of Aquaphor. 


He looks like he just burst out of his alien pod.  


I walked in and stopped dead in my tracks.  I could see white gloppy stuff over the edge of the crib closest to the door that is connected to the changing table.  And then one hand popped up and grabbed hold of the railing, followed by the other.  And this shiny little head with big glops of glop over it peered over the edge and smiled nice and big.  

My first response:  "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"  screamed silently in my head.
My second response:  Laughter.  It really was very comical.
My third response:  Cleaning this up is going to SUCK big time.


I took a wonderful little video of it all but it won't post since it's probably too long.  But just know that it was EVERYWHERE.  His sleeves plastered so much that they were transparent, his cute gray pants that I love soaked through, the railings were covered, his sheet and blankets smeared.  Glops on the floor, glops on the wall, glops galore.  

I am usually very aware of what is on the changing table and put it out of reach whenever he goes down to sleep.  I didn't even notice it when I left his room.  Points for me.

1 comment: