11.05.2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!!


I told Paul last night I'm actually lying.  The most wonderful time of the year, for me, is not really Halloween.  Not Christmas, either.  It's the summer.  It's as soon as we get the last snow shower and the cold winds are gone and it's time to plant, cultivate and grow!  But alas...that time has grown to a close once again so it's now the SECOND most wonderful time of the year!!!  

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!

Part 1 of Halloween was taking Ash to the pumpkin patch for his second pumpkin picking with Grandma and Dad got to come along this time, too!  It was nice and sunny until we got there and then the snow started falling and the cold came.  So that sucked a lot.  Oh and then fifteen minutes after we left, it stopped snowing and the sun came back out.  How's that for bad timing?


We picked Ash out this cute lil' warty pumpkin!  


And he basically thought it was a ball and wanted to keep throwing it :)



We all came together to carve our pumpkins and enjoy my mom's amazing stew in bread bowls.


This is Gaven.  You think it would be hard to tell behind all that hair but, alas, tis the hair that gives him away:


Paul is the pumpkin gutter and I am the pumpkin carver - here is our awesome design pre-carved.


Bronsynn's using some back muscle on that thing and Sam is trying to get out of the picture...she did not succeed.


Paul also took on the task of separating out the pumpkin seeds.  It is a daunting task that I never take part of.


At some point, of course when we all had our hands full of gross stuff, Asher found the remote and started flipping channels.  Apparently he's a fan of Family Guy.


This is how Gaven responds to my mom when she says 'Put your heads together - I want a picture!"


My lil' baby helping me out with the art.


Annnnnnnnnd also helping us out to a view of his cute crack!


So was not in the mood to carve anymore.  Besides I needed a pumpkin to stick turkey feathers in later that's not full of holes.


And the end process!!!  Considerably less pumpkins than most years but that's okay - one day things will get back to normal :)  Until then....check out that sickness!!


Gav and my mom made Apple Pie Apples much like Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  They were delicious and addicting and I may have had too much.




No comments:

Post a Comment