9.11.2012

Theft Of Swords


I LOVE this series!!!!!

I posted this on Goodreads but, of course, I have to blog about it.  I picked up a book for free on Amazon a couple years ago, right after I got my Kindle.  I always had something else to read though and never ended up reading it til about a month ago.  It's called Avempartha.  I started reading it and was hooked immediately.  When I was done, I saw that this was a series and I had actually just read #2!  So I went on a search for #1 called The Crown Consipracy.  I was having trouble finding it and all other books (there are 6 of them).  I went to the authors site and saw the words "out of print".   GERR!  Frowny face!   But THEN I saw below that when the author was picked up by a publisher, the 6 books were put into 3 volumes (two for each one).  YESSSSS!!!  So I went out to find this book - and happily all three volumes are released as well  so I don't have to wait to read them all :)

You will like this book if you like Medieval times, fantasy stories, and....The Lord of the Rings, I guess if I had to name something similar.    The books follow Hadrian and Royce through some thrilling adventures (I dare say I was quite suspensed by many of them!  Is suspensed a word?  I just made it up probably).  There is a humor, suspense (as mentioned), sword fighting, rescuing, a cool wizard, dwarves, elves, thieves, and a  Gilarabrywn.   Say what now?? What is that?  Well...you'll have to read it to find out :)

I'm super excited to get the other two volumes and get lost!

1 comment:

  1. I've got them on hold at the library now. Looks like they've got some promise. I look forward to being suspensed.

    ReplyDelete