9.06.2012

Labor Day Weekend

We had a nice laid back weekend with a few dinners spaced between friends and family :)  Friday was a wonderful party at our friend's home for their little boy, Quinn.  Saturday was accomplishing many tasks, a little bit of R&R, and then dinner at New York Pizza (not impressed, btw).  

Sunday we had dinner with Paul's family.  His mom usually would have needed to be working but found out last minute that she had it off so we gathered for some food and spent a nice evening looking at old photos of  the family and having good laughs :)


Monday we had dinner with my family.  My parents birthdays had recently passed (my mom's more recently than my dad's) and they hadn't wanted to go through 'the hassle' (as they put it).  As much as we respected that, they couldn't do a dang thing about me bringing a surprise ice cream cake and having the family sing to them :)  It wasn't a birthday party - it was a Labor Day party...with birthday cake :)  So There.



My last minute decorating - I forgot my gel stuff (not that I want to eat that anyway) and so I used chocolate syrup - amazing, I know.


The guys tossed footballs and lacrosse balls and we had a great time lounging on the patio.  It was a great day, weather wise and family wise.  Yay for good memories :)



No comments:

Post a Comment