9.06.2012

Gettin' Patriotic Up In Here

I've always wanted this.  I feel so complete now :) ...sorta

A few years back I acquired a flag.  I was bound and determined to fly my country's flag and show my patriotism because I feel it is something that is fleeing away, starting with my generation.  I didn't get to put it on my own flag pole because 1) I needed to acquire that one as well and 2) Paul signed us up for the neighborhood flag Scout fundraiser so each major holiday the Scouts came and hammered one into our front lawn and took it away that same evening.  We continued this until they no longer continued that.  
Then I needed to remember to make a trip to get a flag pole.  That was always taking a backseat.  But then, after randomly having this conversation with a group of friends, my awesome friend Teresa saw a flag pole at the BARGAIN PRICE OF $6.00!!!!!  She is the Queen of Bargains and she snatched this baby up for me (THANK YOU!) and now just look at it!  Wavin' around all proud and stuff {sniff}.  I'm a proud Mama! 

I think my Grandpa would be proud, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment