7.17.2012

A Sprinkling of Fairy Dust

Oh how I have looked forward to this!  This is the second year I was invited to attend Merry's Fairy Party.  Last year I was large with baby and put together an outfit last minute and I even surprised myself at how it came together.  I loved it!  Now I look forward to all the different fairies I can be.  

This year I thought I had more time to prepare than I did.  Luckily it still worked out.  Sam, my sis-in-law, lent me her butterfly wings...she also has a ton of Asian stuff so she brought stuff over for me to peruse through.  I decided to go with this robey thing.  It was totally awesome.  However, the wings didn't jive with it and someone suggested a great place to find some wings.  I lucked out and found the perfect pair that was cheap (the most important factor!)

So here I am this year as an Asian-type fairy.  (My fairy wings were called Nymph wings...mabey I am an Asian Nymph??? ha ha ha):

It helped to not be 8 months pregnant as well. Here's a view from the back: 

My hair and make-up: 

I was thrilled to be getting quite a few votes throughout the evening for Best Costume.  It came down to Me and Mindy as tied but I gave it to Mindy because she made her wings and they were awesome :)  Next year though....Ima gonna fight for it!!! ha ha :)

My contribution for the evening...my raw dip was super yummy! 



Our wonderful host and her homemade fairy outfit.  I loved that she created wings from flowers: 

This year a few men were in attendance and their outfits were pretty cool!  This guy made his own wings, belt, clothes AND shoes - yes shoes (out of leather)!!! 

Some other creative fairies from the evening: 


Is it weird to dress up, eat dinner with fairies and prance around outside for all to see??  Nay, I tell you.  It is quite wonderful, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment