9.15.2011

Laborly Weekend

Yet another year that Paul and I spend laboring about on Labor Day. One day we are going to HAVE to get out and go do something!! But it felt really nice to get stuff done around the house and have things looking like normal again.

My dad was home for the weekend and so to ensure everyone's attendance, we got together on Sunday for a sweet little BBQ. Unfortunately, it's still Labor Day weekend and so Kenny and Bronsynn were camping with Kenny's family and poor Sam is working 16 hour shifts every Saturday and Sunday while she is going to school to finish her degree so I have no idea when we will ever see her again.

My dad had come home the week of my due date and we all had big hopes that Asher would make his debut then...but we all know that he didn't and so at three weeks old this is the first time my dad was able to see his third grandson.
I love being able to eat and laugh out on the patio. It's my favorite. These dogs drive us all crazy running around knocking people down so we have to forbid them from coming onto the patio while we are there.
After dinner, we headed to the new baseball park and we had a little friendly game of softball. I love playing softball! The only thing I could do was stand out in the field with a mitt and hope the ball came toward me. And when I was up to bat I had to have a runner. My dad used to play softball in a league and he's still got it! That's dirt all over his clothes because he'd run for the ball and always end up on the ground. One time he tried to stop the ball from crossing the line by throwing his mitt at it on the ground. It was a 'had-to-be-there' moment:
My sister is a big jokester and made us laugh really hard on the short ride home. This is her...on the outside of the car:
And when we got back for Banana Splits, we slapped a bunch of candles on the gallon of ice cream and sang to my lovely mother who recently had a birthday :)
I love that Gaven provides his own kind of trick candle at the end.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your dad got to see his cute little grandson! And your sister's got some impressive poses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea to slap some candles in a gallon of ice cream!! That is my kindof cake!

    ReplyDelete