9.11.2011

Whoopsie Daisy

The family congregated to help my mom out with a little yard work and heavy lifting. A wedding reception was taking place later that week and besides that, she just wanted things to get done and look nice. Since my dad is out of town she needed help doing all the hard stuff. So after working outside a couple hours (I would have liked to, honestly, but alas I was put on task as the food maker), we all enjoyed fresh made BLT's with garden tomatoes (nearly the best thing on the planet).

It also happened to be Amanda's 35th birthday :) We didn't mention to her that we would be celebrating so we thought we'd try to make it a surprise. I had brownies in the oven and warmed them a little while she wasn't paying attention. Then I had Bronsynn take her outside so I could get the candles on and lit....but I only got as far as getting the candles on before Amanda came waltzing back inside. So I hurried and shoved the brownies back in the oven. While we were trying to get everyone gathered back in the kitchen, find a stupid lighter and light her stupid candles with her sitting right there the whole time, (and my mother was no help with this since everytime I tried to whisper something to her she would answer back really loud, for example "There should be a lighter on top of the fridge" or "You want me to do what?" Seriously. Does no one understand the concept of stealth??) the surprise was no longer a surprise. So I just brought the darn brownies out of the oven and then busted up laughing.

Earth to Maghann: putting brownies with candles in a warm oven results in melted candles.
But it looked very....festive, right?? Unique, even. In fact, I meant for that to happen. At least there was ice cream to compliment them :)


1 comment: