4.24.2009

Oh I Get It...

I am 26 years old and I finally, finally watched Mary Poppins for the first time in my life. I don't know how it came to be that I have never seen this movie until now but it's true. I really really like watching old classics (I especially dig anything with Frank Sinatra) but I just never had the desire to rent the thing and spend two hours of my time watching it. Until now, I never understood "a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down" even though I have heard it over and over. I always thought that in this movie they would actually be talking about sweetening up some cough medicine to make it taste better. Now I understand that it's a metaphor. How crazy smart do you think I feel right now?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your smartness! =) Maybe you could have a chat with Nadine and convince her that "Mary Poppins" is a good movie. She's anti-poppins for some reason...waz up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are 26 years old and have never seen Mary Poppins! Mine and my sister's favorite part is the "I love to laugh" part. We copy it and all make strange laughs and then laugh our butts off... You should try it... it turns out super funny!

    ReplyDelete