1.29.2011

Temple Square

Paul and I hadn't been to see the light at Temple Square in a few years and we had some friends who happened to be heading down there and so we made it a group date. We took Trax down (barf!! I hate riding Trax!) and enjoyed some hot chocolate once we reached the square.

My favorite part is the Reflection pond...always so pretty, especially at Christmas time. While we were there I discovered an awesome trick I can do with my point-and-shoot:
Pretty cool, eh?? Yeah....I made that up...on accident. Paul and I then had lots of fun seeing what kind of images we could come up with but none so cool as the one above there of our friends.
We continued to walk and I snapped pictures of all the Nativites. I hadn't seen all the different ethnic nativities before and I found them quite awesome:
But none as cool as the one on the water with all the pond lights...it's amazing:
Off in the corner of the Visitor's Building I found someone else's work of art...these miniatrue snowmen that were only a few inches high! Ha ha - I loved them:
And when we just about frozen through, the square started closing so we booked it to the Trax before it got slammed....and then ended up getting on the wrong one headed up to the U. Annnnd then we backtracked and had to try that again. Needless to say it was too much time on that thing and I couldn't help the fact that I puked once we finally got off. Motion sickness blows.







2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there. The last time I got on the wrong train I almost ended up in Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Migaloo...you know I love you! ;-) That is a cool photo with your point and shoot. I also love the relecting pond, but I think my favorite is the Japanese display.

    ReplyDelete