12.02.2010

Annual Pie Night

Every year, the night before Thanksgiving, it's tradition for us Madsen women to gather and bake on onslaught of pies. The girl time and the holiday weekend couldn't have come at a better time. I needed some serious stress relief and a LOOOONG break from work which caused (still causing) so much stress.
I started my night off with a hardcore run, got my endorphins and my mood up, and then we dived right into pies and crazy laughs!







This is my finished pie: The Apple Cranberry. I put a stick figure turkey on it this year. They said it couldn't be done.....FACE!!! My sister-in-law looks forward to my pie every year now. I dare say it is specatular.


Xannie doesn't cook, or bake. She HATES pumpkin pie but it just so happens to be Gaven's favorite. Of course we made it mandatory for her to make the pumpkins so that she knew how to cook and satisfy her man :) This is her first pie bake. See the look of apprehension on her face? So funny:



We ended up with two pumpkin, two pecan, an apple cranberry, a cherry and a banana cream (which I just became my husband's favorite).

2 comments:

  1. What a fun tradition! However, won't believe you pie is yummy til I taste the evidence...not even kidding. At first I thought your stick turkey was an sun/moon combo, but a turkey is cool too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I read was "mandatory for her to . . . . . . . satisfy her man :)" I'll drink to that!

    ReplyDelete